The way patients receive their care for treatment room services has changed and is no longer provided at Stickney Surgery. From the 4th of May 2021 this service is provided by nurses who are employed directly by Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust. This is consistent with other neighbouring practices. Clinics are located at Alford War Memorial Hospital on a Monday, and Grace Swan Health Clinic on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays. If you need treatment in this area then the practice will refer you to the clinic, Staff from Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust will get in touch with you about booking an appointment.
The Treatment Room service provides a wide range of nursing interventions, including:
• Post-operative care of surgical wounds in patients who can attend provider premises and where the care of such wounds falls within the skill and experience of the staff involved.
• Removal of sutures and clips from uncomplicated wounds arising from secondary care.
• Follow up wound care arising from attendance at GP with Special Interest schemes, the Community Surgery Service and Minor Injury Units.
• Wound complications including:
o Packing of cavity e.g. pilonidal sinus abscess
• Wound assessment to ensure appropriate dressings are used.
• Arrangements for follow up or timely referral onwards as required”